There are a few gadgets that help with quick breakfasts. You can make do without any of these, but it may take more time, which is what we are trying to save here!

* Crock pot
* Bread machine
* Oven you can set to turn on at a specific time
* Griddle that spans two burners on your stove
* Toaster oven
* Blender
* Microwave
* Food Processor

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fruit Salad Smoothie



So I had a brunch here, for 12 people, which I had donated to a charity auction.  I made a beautiful fruit salad – berries, apples for crunch, banana for sweetness, random melons and tropical fruits.  My guests ate some, but went for the Dianne Phillips  (www.dianephillips.com ) Amaretto Peach French Toast, Miniature Quiches and Strata found elsewhere in this blog.  So I had a LOT of fruit salad left over.  We ate some with lunch and with dinner, and finally were just tired of it.  So I used it for smoothies for breakfast.  Will work for ANY fruit mixture at all, although some might give you a weird color.

Follow this link for the recipe:

Fruit Salad Smoothie

• 3 cups leftover fruit salad
• 1 cup vanilla yogurt, non fat
• ½ cup orange juice or milk
• 1 cup crushed ice (optional)

Night before:
Nothing needed

Next morning:
Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.

NOTES:
Serve with whole wheat toast, cheese toast, or declare it to be breakfast all by itself.
I have used leftover green salad much the same way – it is typically limp with salad dressing, so I throw it and some chicken broth and maybe a little cream in the blender, and make soup of it.  I like it best chilled, but it can be heated as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment